We are always on the lookout for good people. If you feel you would be a fit for Balcones Resources, send us your resume, and we'll keep it on file for future positions.
Recycling Plant Maintenance Manager
Location: Dallas, Texas
Plans, directs and controls the activities of the Maintenance Department to maintain plant equipment and facilities at peak operating efficiency with minimal down time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages the preventive maintenance program and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Develops, maintains and administers an organization qualified to maintain all equipment and facilities in a safe and efficient working condition. Executes an effective preventive maintenance program to minimize unscheduled down time.
- Maintains all operating equipment in satisfactory condition. Schedules needed repair to have minimum interference.
- Coordinates the efficient operation of facilities with plant management.
- Coordinates and oversees the efficient maintenance of all plant transportation equipment.
- Analyzes cost studies of proposals for new equipment in the department designed to secure reduced operating costs. Makes recommendations thereon to the Plant Manager.
- Develops objectives and standards of performance for projects within the Maintenance Department required to meet departmental, divisional, and corporate goals and objectives.
- Plans and provides for an adequate supply and ensures control over spare parts and maintenance supplies.
- Performs Work and Duties of an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic to include but not limited to the following:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems;
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools,
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricate, repair, weld, and cut steel.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Must have good decision making, problem solving and communication skills.
- Must be able to establish strong and effective working relationships with people inside and outside the division.
- Must have ability to plan, budget, schedule, and supervise multiple projects from concept to completion.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with Allen Bradley or comparable Programmable Logic Controllers
- Experience reading and interpreting schematic diagrams, ladder logic, and wiring diagrams
- Must have working knowledge of DOT and OSHA compliance requirements.
- Ability to foster a work environment based on teamwork and open communication.
- Must be able to negotiate parts purchasing.
- Direct and manage the daily operations of the shop by supporting and motivating employees to accomplish company maintenance programs in a timely and economical manner.
- Conduct fleet evaluations to ensure maintenance standards are met and are in compliance with all regulatory agencies including DOT and OSHA.
- Ensures the cleanliness, maintenance and organization of the maintenance shop through regular inspections and preventive maintenance programs.
- Manages in the personnel needs of the maintenance department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, training employees and evaluating employee performance.
- Conducts regular safety meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among all employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Fosters collaboration between and among personnel.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working on Hydraulics
- A minimum of 5 years of experience performing Industrial Maintenance Mechanic activities
- A minimum of 5 years management experience leading a maintenance team
- Experience in truck or heavy equipment large fleet maintenance and repair knowledge of air brake, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Skilled in and have a working knowledge of 480 volt power
- Knowledge in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Maintenance Software
- Valid Texas Driver's License
We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefits package including paid employee medical, optional dental plan and 401K with company match. Qualified applicants can submit resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org